Cemetery Regulations for the New Testament Bible Church Cemetery
Feb. 4, 2022 (last update)
Any church member and any person in the community who needs to perform a burial, and who agrees to follow these cemetery regulations.
Cemetery Coordinator: The pastor of the church (Rick Creech)
New Testament Bible Church of Wakulla County, 1255 Rehwinkel Rd., Crawfordville, Fl 32326. Phone: 850-529-0517
The Cemetery Coordinator will determine whether any regulations can be waived in any instance.
ASSIGNMENT OF SPACE
A plot in the cemetery is assigned at the time of payment.
Only single-level ground burial is permitted.
Before internment the funeral home or family should contact the cemetery coordinator for the location of the grave opening.
No coping, gravel, chips, shrubs, trees or other border materials are allowed.
Because this is a Christian cemetery, all grave markers must be approved for appropriateness before being installed. All markers must be granite, at least 2 feet 1 inch in length and 1 foot 1 inch in width, and must be level with the ground per existing markers.
Permanent identifying markers must be placed on each grave within 3 months of burial.
Monuments must be flat and almost flush with the surrounding ground of the grave. No temporary monuments are allowed.
A one-time maintenance fee is due at the time of the interment on the lot. The cemetery does not sell lots, and so deeds are not issued. Because the New Testament Bible Church of Wakulla County, Inc is a non-profit organization, all burial maintenance fees will be used to maintain the cemetery and the church property, and will be used for the furtherance of the ministry of the New Testament Bible Church. The fee is as follows made payable to the New Testament Bible Church:
Single burial lot - $1000 (average size 5'x10')
Mowing and general maintenance of the cemetery is provided by the church. No additional charges are made for this service.
PLANTINGS and DECORATION of GRAVES
No trees, shrubs, bushes, etc. may be planted in the cemetery unless special permission is obtained from the cemetery coordinator. Cut flowers will be removed weekly by the church. Potted plants will be removed at such times as necessary to maintain a sightly appearance in the cemetery. Potted plants shall be in containers suitable for anchoring to the ground without digging.
Note1: The cemetery will not deny space to anyone based upon race, creed, color, or national origin.
Note2: The cemetery coordinator reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
Note3: The cemetery coordinator will maintain burial records. Requirement for a Signed Agreement: see the agreement at the end of these regulations:
This agreement is made and executed by the undersigned who, in consideration of the New Testament Bible Church of Wakulla County, Inc providing to the undersigned a burial space at the New Testament Bible Church Cemetery, agrees as follows:
1. The undersigned will fully comply with the regulations of the cemetery and such amendments as may be made by the cemetery coordinator.
2. The undersigned will place a grave marker at the burial site within 3 months from the date of the burial. All grave markers must be flush with the ground, shall not extend beyond the grave space, and must be approved by the cemetery coordinator before being installed.
3. The undersigned hereby releases the New Testament Bible Church and the cemetery coordinator from any and all claims, demands, causes of action and liabilities that may exist or hereafter arise as a result of any injury or damage to the person or any property of the undersigned incurred or suffered by the undersigned as a result of any activities at the New Testament Bible Church Cemetery, and the undersigned agrees to indemnify and hold the New Testament Bible Church harmless of and from all claims, demands, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred or suffered by the New testament Bible Church as a result of any matter, cause, or thing arising from the burial authorized hereunder, visits to the grave site by the undersigned or other third parties and maintenance of the cemetery.
4. The undersigned agrees that the New Testament Bible Church shall have the right to designate and approve the person or firm who will be authorized to open and close each burial site, and the undersigned will contract only with such designated person or firm.
5. The payment for the 5’ by 10’ burial plot will be made before interment.