Establishment of the New Testament Bible Church - September 8, 2011
1. Location of the church: 1255 Rehwinkel Rd., Wakulla County, Florida.
2. The teacher/pastor of the church is Charles (Rick) Creech.
3. The church is a non-profit corporation and meets for the purpose of:
- To Glorify the name of Jesus Christ
- Bible study
- Christian Fellowship
- Praise and worship of Christ in song
4. The doctrines of the church are as follows:
· We believe that God exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. John 1:1. Genesis 1:1-2. First Peter 1:2. John 15:26.
· We believe in the deity of Christ: Jesus is God who became flesh by means of the virgin birth and dwelt among men. Because He is God, Jesus saves souls and answers prayer. Luke 1:26-35. John 1:1. Colossians 1:15-19.
· We believe that Jesus died for our sins, that He rose from the dead on the third day, and that He will come again to rapture the church just before the seven year period of the Great Tribulation, and then shall we ever be with the Lord. First Corinthians 15:3-4.
· We believe that salvation is by grace through faith in Christ, not of works. Ephesians 2:8-9. Titus 3:5-6.
· We believe that Jesus gives every person a free choice to accept Him or to reject Him. John 3:18-21.
· We believe that every person who claims to be saved should manifest a changed life in order to be a testimony for Jesus. Second Corinthians 5:17.
· We believe that the saved will live forever with Jesus in heaven, and that the lost will be punished forever in a literal hell. Luke 16:19-21. Revelation 20:11-15.
· We believe that once a person has been saved by Christ, that Christ will keep their soul forever. This is called the eternal security of the believer. John 10:28-29.
· We believe in a supernatural Savior who answers prayer. John 16:23-24.
· We believe that water baptism takes place by immersion after a person is saved, and that water baptism is symbolic of the spiritual baptism that already took place at the time of salvation. Luke 3:3-8.
· We believe that the modern charismatic movement misunderstands the doctrine of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:1-11.
· We believe that the Holy Spirit is given to every believer at the moment that they are saved, and that the Holy Spirit gives to every believer one or more spiritual gifts to be used in service to Christ. Romans 8:9. First Corinthians 12:4-11.
· We believe that an
individual local church congregation has full authority from Christ to rule
their own affairs under the leadership of the pastor, and therefore the
· We believe that Jesus Christ is the head of the church, and therefore we will seek His leadership through prayer in all activities and in all plans. Ephesians 1:22.
· We believe that the entire Bible is the Word of God without error. The Bible was given to men by inspiration of the Holy Spirit. The Bible is true and reliable and the only source for faith and practice. Nothing should ever be added to or taken away from the Bible. Second Timothy 3:16-17. Revelation 22:18-19.
· We believe that the King James Version of the Bible is the best English translation, and that the King James version does the best job of being faithful to the truth that God has not only Inspired the writing of His Word, but that He has also preserved His Word. The KJV does so because it was translated from the best Hebrew and Greek texts, and because the translators attempted to translate the original words, not just the ideas. God gave the words in the original languages, and therefore it is very important to have a translation method of word-by-word translation wherever possible, as is the case with the King James translation of 1611. Matthew 24:35.
· We believe in the literal creation by God as described in the book of Genesis. Genesis chapter 1. John 1:1-3.
· We believe that nothing is more important than love, and our prayer will always be that God will teach us to love everyone unconditionally. First Corinthians 13:13.
· We believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. Genesis 2:22.
· We believe that a Christian should honor all of those who are in positions of authority, and that every Christian should be an honest taxpayer. Romans 13:1-2. Luke 20:22-25.
· We believe that the return of the Lord Jesus to rapture the believers can occur at any moment according to First Thessalonians 4:14-18. Seven years after the rapture at the end of the Tribulation Jesus will return to the earth to win the Battle of Armageddon as described in Revelation chapter 19.
5. New members of the church will be accepted after evaluation by the pastor, after they have made a genuine profession of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, after they have demonstrated a desire to follow Jesus in their life and walk, and after they have agreed to abide by the teachings of the Word of God.
6. Any disputes, complaints, or disagreements will be resolved by following the Biblical teaching given by Jesus and found in Matthew 18:15-18, "Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."
7. If the need for deacons, or an assistant pastor, or any other worker in the church should arise, the pastor will nominate such individuals who will then be voted on by the congregation, needing a majority to assume their duties. Any such individuals will report to the Pastor for their duties and responsibilities. Deacons will have the duties as generally described in the Bible in Acts 6:1-4. The pastor has the authority to remove anyone from any of these positions because none of the positions are permanent positions. Individuals will be replaced from time to time in order to give others an opportunity to serve.
8. Any offerings given will be properly accounted for and this accounting will be available upon request to any church member. This church will record the total offerings given in a single week. All expenses of the church will also be accounted for in detail.
9. The pastor serves at the discretion of the officers of the New Testament Bible Church Inc. By a majority vote the officers can remove a pastor from his position. In case a new pastor needs to be chosen, the officers of the New Testament Bible Church will do the following: 1. Pray. 2. Choose a candidate to present to the congregation. 3. Once the officers of the church set up a meeting for the congregation to discuss and vote on a candidate for pastor, one of the officers will determine by a voice vote if this candidate is chosen or not.
Copyright; 2011 by Charles
F. (Rick) Creech
All Rights Reserved